Wednesday 26 September 2012

Last day/night in Cambodia ... time for some fun!

The hot area of town is called "Pub Street" ...

I am unhappy about my appearance this evening as I have been bitten by a mosquito ... on the top of my left EAR! I look a wee mutated ... boohoo ...

ANYWAY - up early and headed to the kitchen of the Executive Chef of Raffles - Wade James - who taught me how to create a typical Khmer dish ... with local fresh fish and curry paste. There is no chili in Cambodian cuisine - just spices. Yummy!

I had the afternoon off - swimming in the hot, hot swimming pool and packing for tomorrow - when we head off to Vietnam.

Cambodia ... ahhhhh ... Siem Reap ... ahhhhhhhh! The temples, the cuisine, the hotels, the people ... what a fabulous place. Yes, Angkor Wat is a true "Wonder of the World" but so is the city and all it has to offer.

-- By the way, the feedback for the news series was GREAT! I am so proud of the team and what we are achieving -- 

Song of the Day: Careless Whisper - George Michael
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izGwDsrQ1eQ

With dear Sally (Amansara) and Christian (Raffles) at Miss Wong - the hottest bar in town!
After dinner at the hottest restaurant in town ...
Wade - and THE dish (erm ... not me, obviously!)
Wade goes shopping!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv