Wednesday 21 September 2011

I slept like a baby last night! I was awoken by an elephant marauding past my suite though ... erm - and some hippo wading through a nearby piece of the Okavongo Delta ... but apart from that ... all good!

Breakfast was early. I was FULL of the joys of safari when Tim informed me that in yesterday's dastardly thievery - the pile of cat droppings also stole a lead without which we could not film - ANYTHING!

After an hour of stress, we managed to get some tapes (old-skool) couriered to us ... we were finally on our way! J'Burg Airport will be feeling the full wrath of my ire when I get home. We shoot everything tapeless - i.e. onto memory cards ... so using tape is a pain ... but at least we are getting the show produced!

ANYWAY - first up, an interview with Emmanuelle Moneger, the country General/Regional Manager for &Beyond. Everything was going well until a HUGE bull elephant came within 3 metres of the interview! I was transfixed ... Emm forced me to move! Ha! Never happened before - but all on camera. I was not scared at all ...

Sandibe was opened in 1998. It has 8 suites of which - number 8 - is the farthest away from the main lodge! My suite is intimate ... but has an outdoor shower etc ... king sized bed ... windows with no glass but screens for natural a/c ... and it also has the most stunning views of the Delta imaginable! The camp has a swimming pool (and elephant watering hole!), wine cellar, library ... but there's no cellphone access ... and limited internet access! Who cares - it's all about safari!

Massage next - then sleep! Off on a game drive early tomorrow! whohoooo!!!!!

My breakfast date!


Emmanuelle - lovely!
A bat staring me out - the he/she peed on me from the rafters! Ugh!
The welcoming committee!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv