Monday 7 July 2014

Varun's Diary (Monday):

Good morning! I hope you all had a great weekend ...


Mine was suni ... warm ... and just right for going on a bear hunt ... not that there are any bears where I live ... oh ... and I don't hunt ...


Anyway ...


Still no tennis or exercise ... maybe I will get some Chinese acupuncture this week to relieve the pain! In two weeks I will be back with a vengeance ... on the road, on the court and in the pool ...


Anyway - I DID visit Mousehole in Cornwall ... which is pronounced Mau-zul by the locals - REALLY? - no - it's MOUSE ... HOLE ... ! What a beautiful harbour. If you ever visit Mousehole, please stay at the little hotel in the harbour - it's magnificent and gives you direct access to the swimming area in the harbour ... and the ice-cream shop that does the most amazing Mr Whippy (!).


I watched the Hobbit (Smaug?) and was left sorely disappointed - mainly because it doesn't end. All these trilogy movies - so annoying. Whatever happened to "beginning, middle and end" in one go? Anyway - how can a dragon ingest liquid gold into its lungs and still get away? Not normal ... but then small men with hairy feet ... ? etc


I am sure I have seen this movie before BUT I think they all become much of a muchness.


Oh (& not related to the Hobbit!) ... I am younger than my favourite actor Sam Rockwell! That makes me VERY happy ... 


Awoke today to a stunning sunrise ... 


Am quite excited that filming starts this week ... it's been a decade of begging to film in China and finally the dream has come true. Saying that this year we have some quite amazing filming locations - including one which will take me "back to my roots" and I think my dear Pops will travel with me ... finally a willing travel companion  


Song of the Day (and quite possibly the Song of the Summer): Alone - Trampled by Turtles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejfMrZQU3Eo





 
blogger template powered by fraktiv