Saturday 14 August 2010

There's a first for everything and my "first" is that it took a full 24 hours to get from my hotel in New York to home ... I have actually done it in half that time.

OK, so I did take a detour via Toronto but more airline delays and nightmare traffic on the roads did not help. I have to say though, the idea of flying through Canada to get to the States is not as mad of an idea as you would think. You actually clear US immigration in Canada which takes minutes ... rather than the hours it has often taken in Miami, New York and LA ... food for thought.

The one (& only) highlight of my journey home was seeing a take-off and landing of a HUGE Emirates A380. In a bizarre way, it reminds me of that Disney cartoon "Dumbo" ... when he learnt to fly. It's awkward ... but thankfully ... effective!

Home for just a few days ... Abu Dhabi beckons! Yay!

Song of the Day: Wild Wild Wood - Paul Weller
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9_ffgwLVCs

Weather: Thunderstorms ...

A380

Dumbo
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv