Saturday 10 April 2010

As I write this, the boys are preparing to go into The Ritz-Carlton hammam! They looked petrified when I left them! I can't wait to tell you what happens ...

Today has been "filming in the hotel" day. The Ritz-Carlton has 264 rooms & suites set over the first 14 floors of this tall building (34 floors) that dominates the skyline of "modern" Istanbul (European side).

I have The Ritz-Carlton Suite - 2700 square feet of luxury! I have 1 large bedroom, I large bathroom with jacuzzi bath, 1 changing room, 1 living room that seats 15, 1 dining room that seats 10, 1 kitchen, 1 guest bathroom and 1 guest changing room! ALL FOR ME!!!

The hotel has an indoor/outdoor pool, spa, hammam, restaurant, Club Lounge, bars ... and bowls of Turkish Delight EVERYWHERE! I so need to go on a diet!

Today I cooked with the Head Chef - Ali Ronay who taught me to create a sea-bass dish which I then fed to the hotel General Manager Martin Kleinmann before his interview. Martin is a very, very nice man ... a GM who understands service, guest relations and staff management. The staff at this property are VERY happy ... and that is in the main due to Martin.

The hotel overlooks the Bosphorus Strait and the Dolmabahce Palace (which means "filled with gardens"). From my suite I can also the see the "Asian" part of Istanbul ... I am going there tomorrow!

The Palace housed the last 6 Ottoman Emperors ... and in 1924, after the revolution ... became an asset of "modern Turkey". Its founder Ataturk died in the Palace which was his home while he recuperated from illness.

Other things to do & see in the area are Taksim Square and the Congress Centre (!) .. oh, and a football stadium ... which is tonight in use! I don't like soccer ... it's just not me!

I have just had dinner ... and early night methinks as I have a very early start tomorrow!

Song of the Day: One Day I'll Fly Away - Randy Crawford
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdM3NHDU7Mk

Weather: Lovely















 
blogger template powered by fraktiv