Monday 27 April 2009

Firstly, I am very pleased to report that my dear buddy Derek completed his first (& last) London Marathon in 6 hours ... he is alive (just) ... I have decided that I am going to run New York next year ... any takers (please)?

So - it took a while to get to sleep last night. A few weeks ago in Singapore, the city's only two mosquitoes decided to pay me a visit. Last night, Tenerife's ONLY mosquito thought it would be fun to buzz around my bedroom for an hour or so. I eventually cornered it and passed a "cease & desist" order on it ... the only problem was that every time I heard a scooter in the distance - buzzzing, I thought that there was another little beastie in my room! Thankfully, not so!

A quick work out in the gym before breakfast and later a meeting with Adolfo from the Tourist Board. He is from Peru ... one of my favourite countries ... so we had a lot to chat about.

The plan was to visit a couple of hotels in the area. First up, the Vincci. It was bananas ... literally ... bananas everywhere. Very clean ....

The second deserves a special mention as it is quite possibly the best "large" resort on the Island - the Bahia Del Duque. There are 20 buildings - of different shapes, sizes and colours - that house quite impressive rooms & suites and there is also a collection of villas. Villa 5 is special ... stunning outdoor pool, 2 well-appointed bedrooms ... and a lovely B&O stereo that I could have played with the entire day. There's a huge ESPA spa ... and even a helipad .. (!) ... This resort is certainly "world class" and I would have no problem recommending it to people looking for a luxury break in Tenerife .... Thank You Aggie!

Back to the Royal Garden Villa and bid farewell to Adolfo who has to put up with me and my questions all day!

Got a bit of work done and then down to the Spa for a massage with Lucinda. I have had 100's of massages in my time ... and this one ranks as one of the best ever. It's all about connecting with the therapist ... and I certainly did! Luci wrenched all the tension out of my bones and muscles with great humour AND then contorted my body into positions that I am not sure they have ever been in! It was excellent! Most would say that a highlight to Tenerife would be visiting the volcano ... but for me it would be a visit to Luci! FABULOUS!

Dinner was brilliant! I was a guest of the hotel owners ... the "first family" of Tenerife! We laughed, drank fine wine, ate yummy food, laughed some more, smoked cigars ... and the highlight for me was cooking a chicken stroganoff with the chef ... I still have my eye-brows and didn't poison the family ... I hope.

I have had such a lovely evening ... one I won't forget for a long time ....

Song of the Day: Dolphins were Monkeys - Ian Brown

Weather: nice ...






yes - that's me cooking! by the pool
the spa pool
imagine my suprise as I found 2 swans on my bed!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv